Tuesday, August 17, 2021

All the ducks

Everything is moving right along. I had a pre-surgery COVID test yesterday, so I have to stay sequestered until the surgery.

The next step is the seed implantation Wednesday afternoon, then the surgery Thursday afternoon.

But it's all the little stuff that has almost taken a chart to remember.

Make sure you have a sports bra that opens in the front. And believe me when I say that because of what the surgeon called my "ample tissue," they're harder to find than you'd think. 

Also wear a button-up shirt. I can't remember the last time I wore a button-up shirt. I would've been before March 2020, that's for sure. Nothing but comfort clothes when you work at home.

Also, wear shoes that don't lace up. I'm assuming all of this is to make it easier to get me dressed to go home after the surgery.

I'm sure I'll be a total fashion plate while I'm at the hospital — lovely gown, yellow or brown non-slip socks and one of those lovely stretchy paper head coverings. Quite fetching!

The pre-surgery paperwork says not to shave after Monday. And don't wear deodorant, powder or lotion the day of surgery.

Wash with a medicinal-smelling soap the night before surgery and the morning of surgery. The paperwork said I could use a "scrungie." I'm assuming this means a bath pouf, but where in the world did they get the word "scrungie" ?!

Take any morning meds on surgery day with just a sip of water. Yet I can drink clear liquids until 11 a.m. the day of surgery. That one is a little misleading.

No food after midnight. Which of course makes me want to sneak in some ice cream at 11:50 p.m.

Bring a picture ID and insurance card but nothing of value.

One person can be at the hospital (this will be Jeff), but nobody can come back in the pre-surgery area.

Be there at noon, surgery at 2. Who's going to entertain me if Jeff is sitting in the waiting room?!

All of this stuff makes sense, but I almost need a flow chart to keep it all straight.

Let's hope by Thursday morning, I have all my ducks in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party

I love doing birthday parties for my son. I know plenty of moms who search out places where they can pay people to set up the party — trampo...