Friday, October 29, 2021

Spooky treats

 I might have mentioned before that despite my exhaustion these days, it still feels good to do "normal" things.

Cooking dinner or ordering and picking up the groceries take a lot of energy, but the results are worth it.

So as Halloween was growing near, I asked Griffin if he'd like to make our usual Halloween treats. We bag them up and deliver them to his friends. And we usually deliver his birthday invitations at the same time.

Griffin was very concerned about me overdoing it. I think that's probably pretty rare for an almost 13-year-old, but that's my boy.

I assured him that we wouldn't do as much as we usually do, and that what we did do, we'd keep it simple. So I dipped stuff in white and milk chocolate. And Griffin was my sprinkle man.

His friend from across the street came over, so we let him help with sprinkles, too.

After he left, Griffin said, "I'm really glad he got to be a part of the festivities this year."

As for me, I was just glad to do something that felt normal. And I was glad to keep a tradition going. It helps me feel like I haven't spent this entire time just doing medical stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party

I love doing birthday parties for my son. I know plenty of moms who search out places where they can pay people to set up the party — trampo...