Monday, October 18, 2021

A day out

I'm not posting as much as I had wanted to. As much as I had planned to. But I am so. dang. tired.

Yesterday, I had a need to get out of the house. I'm working from home and pretty much just staying at home besides radiation appointments and the occasional Barracuda ride.

So we went to a park not too far from our house and took Griffin's bike along. We live on a cul-de-sac, and people tend to drive way too fast through our neighborhood, so he doesn't have much space to ride.

This park has a beautiful lake with trees all the way around it, and the walking trail includes a bridge over a narrow part of the lake. So Jeff said he and I could take a walk while Griffin enjoyed the trails.




Jeff and I walked to the bridge and a little past. I just looked at a trail map of the park, and it appears to be about half a mile. I was moving at a decent pace on the way out, but on the way back, it was more like little, old lady pace.

I'm stubborn and independent, and I resent the fact that my body is restricting me right now.

And then the worst part was that once you're done on the trail, it's a straight uphill climb to the car.

Of course Griffin just pushed his bike to the top like it was no big deal. I had a walking stick in my left hand and was holding Jeff's hand in my right hand, and it took everything I had to get to the car.

You know how it feels when you're wearing ankle weights? That's kinda how my arms and legs feel. Like I'm wearing wrist and ankle weights that are way too heavy.

Plus, I usually swing my arms when I walk, and right now, it hurts to swing my right arm because I've got some soreness and radiation burns.

It was still a beautiful day to be outside, and the lake was as pretty as ever. And I definitely enjoyed seeing Griffin ride past us in one direction, then a little later, ride past us in the other direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party

I love doing birthday parties for my son. I know plenty of moms who search out places where they can pay people to set up the party — trampo...