Saturday, October 2, 2021

Great friends, fun gifts

I have fun friends. They're also supportive. And the two of those things come together in some really fun gifts.

When I was undergoing testing for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy earlier this year, two of my friends sent me a heart. It wasn't an emoji. It was a stuffed anatomically correct heart.



Once I found out I have breast cancer, a friend of mine sent me a cute and creative bracelet. It's handmade by a woman who uses round and tube-shaped beads to spell out words in Morse code on necklaces and bracelets.

You know what mine says? It says "badass." Yes!!! My friend sent it to me, and her note inside the package just said, "Because you are!"

Check it out.


After my surgery, they sent some tissue away to get it tested to see if I would need chemotherapy. It's amazing what they can find out from a tissue sample or a vial of blood.

The test results are on a scale of 1 to 100. Anything 25 or higher, they recommend chemo.

My result was 5. FIVE!

So two of my friends came over with a bunch of snacks and a fun cake.



Sometimes they're not funny. Sometimes they're sweet. And a not-so-subtle hint for me to take care of myself.

Like these soothing goodies.

I got a cute box with shea creme, lip balm, cuticle balm, goat milk soap and cute little notepad. It all smells soooo good.



The most recent gift came in the mail today. I have no idea how to describe them, so just take a look.



I texted the friend who sent them and said, "I can just hear you laughing as you picked them out." And she's got a great laugh!

It's funny when I look at these gifts. They so represent the people who gave them. And I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party

I love doing birthday parties for my son. I know plenty of moms who search out places where they can pay people to set up the party — trampo...