Thursday, September 9, 2021

Impatience and worry

I had a pity party today. Jeff was at his part-time job. Griffin was at school, and I was struggling to get all the work done that needed to be done today.

I managed to get through everything, but then the tears started. 

There wasn't one thing that was causing them. There were about a million. And they all hit at once.

I got my good news last Friday (no chemo), so now I'm waiting for the radiation people to call me. They said the would make the mold for my arm two weeks after surgery. Well, you don't give an exact time to someone who is a born planner. Because two weeks came and went, and I never heard anything.

I realize they had to wait on last Friday's test results, but what are they waiting on now?

I know logically that all of this takes time and schedules and all of that, but my emotions are not having it! Now, now, now!

They found microscopic cancer in one of the five lymph nodes they removed. Are there more in there? We don't know. How fast do they spread? We don't know.

Hence, the impatience.

Everyone just needs to hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party

I love doing birthday parties for my son. I know plenty of moms who search out places where they can pay people to set up the party — trampo...